LeafLabs is always looking for creative and gutsy people to help us reinvent the smartphone, solve the brain, and tackle new projects.
CAREERS AT LEAFLABS
At LeafLabs you will be working as part of a highly collaborative and tightly knit group. Our offices are located at the Industry Lab co-working space in the heart of Inman Square (Cambridge, MA). Employee growth and education is an important part of LeafLabs culture, whether it is professional development to expand our collective knowledge or an art installation at Firefly. What’s the point of having a company if we can’t do cool stuff?
If you’re passionate about what we do and think you would be a good fit and would like to apply for the jobs listed below please send a resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Firmware Developer - Technical Lead
LeafLabs is hiring a firmware developer/technical lead comfortable taking on a variety of tasks that include:
- Design, implement, and support novel driver model for the firmware running on the Project Ara modules
- Work with a distributed team of Android and kernel developers to develop and integrate firmware with the Greybus specification
- Design, implement, and validate support libraries: MIPI DSI-1, MIPI CSI- 2, USB 2.0 and/or USB HSIC, UART, SPI, I2S (and PCM audio), I2C, SDIO
Candidates should have expertise in the following domains:
- Operating system device drivers
- Distributed real-time systems
- Hardware peripheral library design and implementation
- Mobile handset peripheral bring-up and integration
- Schematic review and board bring-up
- Review schematics for reference modules, and bring up of development boards
- Integrate peripheral libraries and core UniPro firmware application infrastructure to demonstrate reference module functionality
- Ensure interoperability of reference module application code with Linux device drivers and Android
Brave & Inventive Project Manager
As LeafLabs continues to grow we are scaling up our project management. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in software development, with the chutzpah to develop and implement a company wide project management system. Most importantly you will need to educate and enforce use on a team of recalcitrant (but well meaning) engineers. You be working closely with project technical leads, operations, and occasionally with clients. This is not for the faint of heart.
Background preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, or science
Proven working experience in project management in software development
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills (written & verbal)
Experience with Agile development and Jira a plus
Develop and implement management system
Coordinate efforts of internal team and subcontractors
Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
Manage changes to the project scope and schedule
Manage the relationship with the client and team members (internal/external)
Perform risk management
Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
We are not hiring in these areas just yet, but we would love to talk if you have expertise in any of the following:
- Low-level C hacking
- Internet video/webrtc
- NAT traversal/high performance networking
- Computer graphics or machine learning